Tuesday, January 11, 2011

An Invitation to the World of Technology

Who: Me and all the other patient believers
What: Proud ownership of a smart phone
Where: The nearest Verizon Store
When: Available for pre-order February 3rd

The announcement I've been waiting on for what seems like forever has finally come--the Verizon iPhone 4 is here! While I'm thankful that my reliable little Motorola flip phone has held up for almost three years now (even with extensive front screen cracking and a creative patch job), I am beyond excited to finally be entering the world of smart phone technology.

Make your own animated GIF
Make your own animated GIF!
I think I first became fully aware of my flip phone embarassment on my trip to Chicago in November. Glancing around at the other airport patrons, El riders, fellow travelers and Windy City residents, I couldn't help but notice how many people from a wide spectrum of age and [apparent] finanical status were on their smart phones, texting away on their virtual keyboards as I single-double-triple typed out my letters... 160 characters shouldn't take this long!! Verizon and Apple really needed to play nice, be friends, and get their act together on an iPhone collaboration.

With months, years even, of speculation, "it'll be here this quarter" or "at the end of that quarter," Verizon has announced the arrival of iPhone 4. I'm looking forward to a time when I'll actually be able to keep up a game of Words With Friends without getting periodic "where are you?" messages, browse the internet at will, and swype to my heart's content.

No comments:

Post a Comment